The Courtyard Marriott needed 16 different menu options, including templates for international properties and for those in states with specific pour regulations. Five of these menus had not previously been available on their brand portal, and each location needed the ability to customize menu content and pricing. In total, more than 500 properties needed access to order the required menu.
And we had 18 days to deliver a solution before properties needed to start ordering.
Here’s How We Did ItWe have a team intimate with Courtyard, their properties’ needs, and the Bistro F&B requirements, so when asked for a tight turnaround, we flexed our collaborative muscles and delivered the menus in a fraction of the time these kind of rollouts can take.
We created a plan that would take into account artwork updates, rollout communications, production and delivery. We outlined roles, deliverables, and action dates for both the Bistro team members and ourselves. We developed a strategic communication plan to drive participation and ensure properties got their menu orders placed, processed, shipped and delivered just in time for them to celebrate the New Year with a bottle of bubbly and fresh new menus in-hand.
It took a team across multiple departments and areas of expertise to create the replicable plan, including:
- Marketing Services: Our marketing team members updated, proofread, and coordinated all menu content and revisions in addition to handling all design work, including template builds.
- Product Design & Development: Working across departments, team members worked together to plan a multi-channel rollout campaign to increase program participation. This plan involved creating and delivering direct mail pieces, email communications and reports, order tutorial training video, internal Marriott communications and in-portal display banners.
- Print Production: Our prepress team prepared art files for printing and processing upon official program rollout.
- Custom Technology: Technology experts updated Courtyard’s custom brand portal to include all the new menus as well as display banners as part of the rollout communication plan.
- Fulfillment & Distribution: Orders placed through the brand portal were seamlessly fulfilled and distributed upon the official program rollout. Success rates were tracked and provided to the Bistro team with participation and campaign analytics each week.
A Better Client OutcomeThanks to our seamless and smooth development process, we were able to meet the U.S. launch date of January 1 with all menus available on the brand portal at the time of launch.
Not only were we able to do create new templates on the ordering platform, print, and deliver more than 1,200 custom and stock menus across 500+ properties, but we accomplished it in the short time frame of 2 months.